Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Larry and Me: And Frank too (A story from a story from a story)

I was wearing my mink that night and my emerald green dress with the deep 'v' in the back.  My hair was up in a bouffant and my cheeks were pink.  Larry was speaking about his day at work.  He got a promotion and we were out celebrating, and I was waiting for our drinks to arrive because I specifically remember that my mouth was so dry that I couldn't swallow.
That's when he came in.  Mr. Frank Sinatra in his dapper suit and slanted hat.  The room was quiet and he walked through, past Larry and me, to the end of the restaurant.  Now, this was an upscale place, mind you, with waiters and servants in every corner, and the crowd!  What a proper bunch we all were!  Napkins on our laps... and there's Frank walking through.
Of course, Larry was completely oblivious to the whole situation, you know how he is, and imagine: he's talking to himself out loud, off in his own world, staring at his empty place setting, not looking up once, and Frank's walking past our table.  I look up, and he's staring directly at me.  He's smiling and looking straight at me.  I swear on my mother's mother that this is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment