Friday, January 14, 2011

Epiphany

Around 4:15 this evening, I realized that I, severely mistaken, was attending a senior-citizen yoga class.  I partook anyway and sweat a lot, stretching my lower back and neck.  It was a bunch of senior citizens and me... and one overweight twelve-year-old.
Lying on my back, feet flexed, legs lifted up onto a metal chair, staring up at the stretch-marked ceiling, hearing old people and one overweight twelve-year-old breathe, I had an epiphany.  Actually, today was jam-packed with epiphanies.  But, this epiphany was special as I was exhaling into my hips, just like the teacher said to do. 
I can't recall my epiphany at this moment.
I lost my wallet today.
My dad came home from the hospital.
I shared a joint with my mom and talked about Bournemouth and her brother and willow trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment